The Ultimate Guide to Properly Brushing Your Teeth
Brushing your teeth every morning and every night is a crucial habit that will help keep your teeth clean and healthy for many, many years to come. In fact, it’s the number one way you can take better care of your oral health according to the CDC.
That said, good brushing means doing more than just pressing the toothbrush against your teeth. The following is a quick yet complete guide to the very best toothbrushing technique for maximum oral care brought to you by your local pediatric dentist Melbourne:
Brushing Up on Brushing
- Step 1: Smear enough toothpaste onto your toothbrush to cover the bristles.
- Step 2: Begin by brushing the outer sides of your teeth. Top and bottom. Take time to go all the way from the back to the front. The best technique is to go one tooth at a time to make sure you don’t miss any spots.
- Step 3: Now, tilt your brush 45 degrees, so it’s half-way between straight up and on its side. You’re going to use this angle to brush right at your gumline using short back and forth strokes.
- Step 4: Next, you are going to go back and brush all along the inner sides of your teeth. You will want to keep holding and brushing at that 45-degree angle for best effects.
- Step 4: You’re going to finish brushing your teeth by using short brush strokes along the very top of your teeth.
- Step 5: Almost done! The very last step is to brush your tongue to get rid of bacteria that can cause bad breath.
Contact Us To Learn More
Here at Sunshine Smiles Pediatric Dentistry, we love establishing those good oral care habits young! Visit us in Melbourne FL office today for your child’s dental appointment and to learn more about healthy oral care habits.